Beyond Meat drops over 7%

Although it was only ever a limited time offer, Tim Horton’s in Canada pulling Beyond Meat :ox: from their product line caused the stock to drop 7.1%… Really puts into perspective how much Beyond Meat relies on restaurant partnerships to stay ahead.

How do you see the future of the animal free meat company? Is it a fad that will pass in time or are we all destined to be vegetarians in the near future? :cucumber::leafy_green::broccoli:

2 Likes

I’ve never tried Beyond Meat but the way the world is moving towards sustainability and health I think they’re here to stick around and they will have a strong future. I’m invested a small amount in them but personally am not prepared to invest a large quantity in them just yet. Will wait and see.

2 Likes

They certainly have nailed their branding and product placement!

I’ll be interested to see if any competitors start making waves around them as from my perspective it seems as though they have the meat-free meat market right now.

1 Like

@davidlowes @MitchKerr - think you’re both spot on with the observations. Feels like Beyond Meat is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the agricultural revolution which needs to take place to sustainably feed the planet.

Investors seem to understand this and want to be part of this new source of wealth creation. This eagerness combined with a dearth of investment opportunities in the public equity markets right now = Beyond Meat valuation bid up aggressively. Makes it more vulnerable to things like this Tim Hortons news = more volatile. Should become less volatile (but also less of a premium valuation?) when competitors like impossible foods and others come to the IPO market with similar investment opportunities for investors.

Just my two cents of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Totally agree with you @HarshP! Now I just wish they’d release some of their products here in Lithuania so I can taste what all the hype is about :rofl:

1 Like

I can attest as someone who tries to avoid eating meat where possible - the hype is real :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Now this will flip that negative 7% back around!