Evarvest Investment Library - Our Launch Stocks!

Hey @m, we have access to the Moscow Exchange with 141 of their listings. It won’t be accessible within the app upon launch but we’ll aim to open access at some stage in 2020.

Each different currency we offer requires additional liquidity on our end to handle so many currencies which is why we’re launching with EUR, GBP & USD first, with Polish Zloty following very shortly afterwards.

Thanks for sharing @bartosz.w!

I can see we have access to the following already listed on the BATS:

53%20pm

However I’m unable to find a KID document available online for it which means legally we couldn’t offer it to EU clients as it stands (although i’m not the compliance expert :slight_smile: ). Unfortunately the PRIIPS regulations are pretty strict on this front!

I’ll pass it to our compliance manager Goda however to do some further research to see if the provided information is enough to comply. Unfortunately the majority of US ETFs don’t seem too interested in following the instructions of the European Union just yet :disappointed: Hopefully this will start to change in the near future so we can start providing access to more of them!

Cool! I’m particularly interested in MTSS (Mobile TeleSystems PJSC) because they were mulling delisting their ADR from NYSE (MBT)

1 Like

We have access to it :slight_smile:

51%20pm

Already in the system!

1 Like

Hello, are you planning to add options trading? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @GeiaHara, We don’t have plans to add in options trading at this stage. It’s a consideration for the future as we’ve had a few questions around this but we wouldn’t be able to confirm anything for quite some time.

Welcome to the community by the way! :wink: Great to have you on board! :rocket:

1 Like

VF Corp and LVMH stocks. 16 year olds’ opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very impressive you’re getting into investing at 16 @TadasGudauskad! Most of the world could learn from you! :rocket:

1 Like

Hi can you add global x China health care etf[quote=“MitchKerr, post:1, topic:260, full:true”]
Hey Everyone,

I’ve been pretty excited to share this one but here it is :grinning:

Our entire library of stocks & ETFs that will be available on Evarvest upon launch :rocket:

Check out the full library here:

If there’s anything missing that you’d really like access to please let us know here in the community and we’ll work on having it available by our launch.

Would love to hear your feedback regardless!

Happy Investing :muscle:
[/quote]

Hi can you add global x China health care etf pls

1 Like

Hi can you add kraneshares China health etf pls

1 Like

Sure, I’ll keep you posted! Welcome to the community also! :smiley:

Interesting to get Evarvest’s take on those 2 requested ETFs.

On the face of it both US ETFs - so unlikely to be sellable to European citizens.

Yet both have bothered to get a “listing” on the Berlin Open Market. I use quote marks as I suspect it’s not truly a listing. The Open Market seems to be less regulated.

Either way I can not find a KIID document. So no current way of selling to European citizens.

So why did they bother to get the Berlin “listing”? Any insight? Surely it should be to sell into Europe? But yet no KIID?

1 Like

Hey @DataNerd,

I obviously couldn’t comment on why they’ve listed on the Berlin market with no KIID document offered, my only thought is perhaps they’re targeting sophisticated investors only in the EU who are potentially allowed to purchase such ETFs that do not provide a KIID document under the PRIIPS regulations.

Perhaps @HarshP knows or could comment on this one? I know he’s quite knowledgeable on the EU markets.

Yep that’s right - many of the funds listed across European exchanges are there for the use of institutional investors (and therefore need to meet MIFID 2 and other EC imposed requirements, but importantly for this conversation, not PRIIPS).

PRIIPS / KID requirements only apply to retail investors, and while the term retail is afforded a broad definition, it doesn’t include certified institutional investors.

If these internationally managed funds don’t provide a KID, from an Evarvest point of view they cannot be made available for investment to any customers across the EU.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying @HarshP, thought this might be the case as there seems to be a fair few EU listed ETFs that don’t provide a KID document. I know some platforms are able to open these investment opportunities up to sophisticated investors in the EU. We won’t upon launch but hopefully we’ll be able to in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Guys. Makes sense.

So another nerdy question if I may :

Am I correct in thinking there could also be an argument that anyone (retail or otherwise) could buy these type of funds (listed but no KID) into a pension/SIPP as technically and legally the pension is the “owner”/“buyer” of the asset and not the underlying retail investor?

Is that a grey area and a quirk or am I anywhere near correct on that?

2 Likes

Not one I could answer unfortunately! Haven’t delved into the world of Pensions just yet… It all operates differently in Australia where my pension is based :slight_smile: No EU regulations there!

@HarshP may know, otherwise it’s one for your accountant/solicitor to confirm for you.

1 Like

This one is more of a grey area, as you say!

The definition of PRIIPs excludes pension products so by that line of reasoning you could buy products which didn’t meet PRIIPs requirements for the purpose of adding them to a pension pot.

That said, while the legality allows for this, the question around suitability and appropriateness remains for anyone thinking about marketing these products broadly. I’d say this question needs more compliance-level diligencing, and my instinct would be to err on the side of caution here.

2 Likes

Hi there when are you hoping to launch in the U.K.? Thanks

1 Like

Hey @Cherique16, we’ll be giving a full update on the licensing procedure and upcoming launch in our Webinar on the 29th October :slight_smile:

You can register to join us here - Webinar - Evarvest Launch Update 🚀

If you’re unable to make it, please do register and you’ll receive the recording with all the details afterwards!