Favourite Investment Quotes?

What are your favourite investment quotes or mottos? :thinking:

Mine is … ‘If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.’ by Warren Buffett :fist_left:

1 Like

@MitchKerr my favourite is also by Warren Buffet - “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years”

2 Likes

Hey @StephBrennan & @MitchKerr, and my favourite quote would be of course the one of Richard Branson :smile:

It goes as follows: “My philosophy is that if I have any money I invest it in new ventures and not have it sitting around.”

Shouldn’t we treat it like our motto? :wink:

2 Likes

@Magda great quote & philosophy! :raised_hands: And a great motto for us! Money that works for you is the best kind of money :wink:

2 Likes

My favorite is:

“Rule No. 1: Never lose money.
Rule No. 2: Don’t forget rule No. 1.”

• Warren Buffet

How I interpret it is: minimize downside risk. That’s why I like to buy things when they’re cheap, even if it means having to wait a long time without much price action. Avoid dreaming about big gains when they come with the risk of losing money. To recover from a 50% loss you need a 100% gain, and if it was so easy to find an investment that would give you a 100% gain, you wouldn’t get into that 50% loss to begin with. Never lose money. If you don’t lose money, it means you won - whether you won 1%, 5%, 10%, 50% or 100%, it doesn’t really matter - any gain is a step towards whatever your goal is. Some steps are bigger, some are smaller, but they will all eventually get you there.

4 Likes

Love this quote @m and totally agree with you on your investing philosophy :relaxed:

2 Likes

Impact Investment (George Soros)

2 Likes

My quote is not directly involved with investments but the way we look at them and the current industries - “Legacy thinking is a liability”, it’s from a tech podcast.

My second favorite quote would be the definition of insanity from Einstein - “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result”, for the Financial Markets this quote is very powerful, with consumer habits changing through time its a requirement to adapt, innovate and reevaluate our strategies.

3 Likes