Introduce Yourself

Thought it might be great to get to know each other a bit more…:grinning:

Day Job: Products & Proposition Manager
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 1 :baby_chick:
First company investment on the app: Netflix … just because I use and enjoy the service.

3 Likes

Love this!

Day Job: I’m COO at Evarvest :slight_smile:
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 3, I’ve been trading for quite a few years now however have been totally self taught due to the limitations of investment education in schools around the world!
First company investment on the app: My first investment was JB Hi-Fi listed on the ASX which did quite well, as at today I like Atlassian on the NASDAQ as they’ve shown consistent results month on month over the past few years and their 12 month return currently sits at over 100%!

3 Likes

Day Job: Product Manager for a SaaS company
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 3, I’ve slowly been building up my knowledge and involvement with other trading/investment platforms (particularly Freetrade)
First company investment on the app Will be building up portfolio of ETF’s diversified across global markets (S&P500, FTSE, China, Japan etc…) while also picking out a few options I think have potential (OKTA are one to keep an eye on - Rentokil have been a solid return for me as well)

4 Likes

Great idea with this introduction stuff! :slight_smile: Nice to meet you!

Day Job: I’m a Head of PR at Evarvest :slight_smile:
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 2 (but I aspire to achieve 5 once our app is launched ;))
First company investment on the app: Virgin - I’m deeply in love with Richard Branson and have always dreamt of becoming a part of the Virgin family

2 Likes

Hey nice to meet you!

Day Job: I’m the Community Manager at Evarvest as well as a business student.
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 2 (but I have taken classes at university such as portfolio management, financial mathematic, financial derivatives and financial analysis. So I’ve learned a lot just haven’t put it to practice as of yet.)
First company investment on the app: I would go for Shopify- Although the stock is quite expensive and with mix thoughts from analyst I feel that it still has some room to grow before it dips as it has a strong international momentum and pretty great growth with it’s new subscription plan designed for high-volume merchants. Its YTD% growth is 96.6%! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Hello all - What a great idea this is! :star_struck:

Day Job: I’m the Head of Marketing at Evarvest. :ghost:

Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 2, I’ve traded stocks over the years but never super intensely. I taught myself, however, I never found a resource that I found useful in building my confidence and educating me at the same time. I think for my generation, stock trading seems a little overwhelming which is exactly why I joined Evarvest - This is a problem we can solve!! :dizzy:

First company investment on the app: My first investment was a brilliant case of beginner’s luck, I was 13 and had been given £50 as a birthday present from my Aunt. I ended up investing it in Northern Rock because it has been rising quickly and my dad had shares in it too. After a week or two, I was curious to how this growth was sustainable, this led to a conversation with my Dad where we agreed to pull the money out as we had both done well already… 2 weeks later, Northern Rocks collapse was all over the newspapers. :flushed:

2 Likes

Hi, love this, it’s a great idea and nice to meet!

Day Job: CEO at Evarvest
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 4.8 - because there’s always room to improve :wink:
First company investment on the app: The first stock I ever invested in was back about 10 years ago, I bought CBA (Commonwealth Bank of Australia) stock listed on the ASX (Australian Stock Exchange). CBA was the first bank I ever used thanks to their ‘Dollamites’ initiative in schools teaching young kids how to bank. There are a few stocks I’m excited to invest in once our app is ready. Spotify and the London Stock Exchange Group in our ‘The Watchlist’ category on our website are two of them. Also, really keen on Appen in Australia - AI is the future! And Royal Dutch Shell (RDS), tri-listed on the London Stock Exchange, Euronext Amsterdam and the New York Stock Exchange. They’re the first oil company to link their executives remuneration to their emissions. A step in the right direction for sustainability and social responsibility! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Dird and thanks for sharing a bit more about yourself :slight_smile:

Day Job: Team Manager of L2 and L3 (IT + Functional) for a major investment bank

Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 2, I invest in stock’s roughly 20-30% of my savings, usually i prefer tech stocks given the potential that is behind over s short period of time

First company investment on the app: Hard question, i would say as of now: Dropbox, Atlassian and Zebra Technologies. All of these companies have in my opinion the stocks undervalued. Dropbox stock is roughly at the same price since the IPO, but last quarter the company increased it’s revenue in 22% i think they will be increasing it’s stock value in 20-30% soon.

3 Likes

Welcome @Bernardo and also welcome to the Evarvest team :slight_smile: Bernardo has also joined us in a DevOps role this week championing the security and deployment of the Evarvest app :rocket:

3 Likes

Hey, I’ve just found this thread and wanted to introduce myself here too :grinning:

Day Job: Full Stack Software Developer

Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 4
Learning about economics and investing since 2005, using that knowledge to do the actual trading since 2007/2008 (with several years of break). It’s 4 and not 5 as I always treated the investments as a hobby and, as a result, never had a time to get more involved in it. I’m planning to change it now.
I’m investing most of my savings and trying to diversify as much as possible: buying flats for long-term renting, REITs, investing in startups (Evarvest :slightly_smiling_face:), robo-advisors with a portfolio of ETFs, investment funds (in the past), Polish stocks, forex (currencies and also different kinds of CFDs: DAX index, coffee, wheat, etc.).

First company investment on the app: I think I’ll start from building a small portfolio of Polish blue-chip stocks. I’m already exposed to global ETFs with a robo-advisor so I’d like to add some diversification here.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @bartosz.w :relaxed: and thank you for investing in our journey too! It really means a lot! Thanks again for being so engaged in the community too, it’s going to ensure the direction and features Evarvest offer are what our investors and users are looking for in a trading product! :facepunch:

1 Like

@bartosz.w Thanks again for backing our round! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m keen to invest in Polish stocks too after our app launches!

I’ve been reading about how the Warsaw Stock Exchange is ranked second in Europe (preceded only by the London Stock Exchange) in terms of the amount of proceeds raised through IPOs, and due to a new pension law recently signed by the Polish president, the government estimates that approx. EUR 1.4 billion will flow to the Warsaw Stock Exchange in 2019, increasing in 2020 and 2021, which should have a positive effect on company valuations and the liquidity of the stock exchange.

2 Likes

Hey Evarvest Community! Remember to introduce yourself to the rest of the community here so we can get to know each other a bit better!

Would be great to see the various investing experience levels we have on here!

Anyone who introduces themselves will also receive the Evarvest ‘Community Badge’ for life on their profile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day Job: CTO of Evarvest
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 2
First company investment on the app: Something in Biotech, then Electric cars, then Robotics

2 Likes

Day Job: Managing my investments
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 4
First company investment on the app: Some o&g or telco dividend-paying stock, will depend on market conditions at the time

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Sergej :slight_smile: Sergej is our trusted CTO and the main man in charge of the development of the Evarvest app!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @m! Great to have your investment experience as part of the Evarvest community! :rocket:

2 Likes

Hi All! I’ve recently joined the Evarvest team - and I’m very excited for all that lies ahead!

Day Job: Investment Analyst @ Evarvest
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 4…does anyone ever really reach 5? :thinking:
First company investment on the app: I’d pick a few!

1. Orsted as it is aligned with my view that the world needs to, and will eventually, transition away from natural resources. This is a true global leader when it comes to renewable wind energy!
  2. Adyen - I’ve met the management team when I worked on getting the company listed at IPO; they are truly best-in-class when it comes to the payments space - it’s why Netflix, Spotify, Vodafone, L’Oreal, Snapchat, Facebook, and hundreds of other great companies rely on them for global cross-border payments. Over the long run, strong management teams tend to give you great returns on investment!
  3. I’d also buy and hold ETFs for the very long run (a.k.a. pension!) - I really like a few iShares ETFs at the moment: Robotics & Automation, Digitalisation & Ageing Population are among my favourites! There’s also an Invesco Water Resources ETF which I’d like to own.

I’d have all of the above + many other names to form a well diversified portfolio which maximises my chances of achieving long term capital growth and financial security! And of course, I’d set aside a small portion of my portfolio for more short term investing - hopefully to earn a good return but mostly just for the thrill of it if nothing else!

4 Likes