Introduce Yourself

Day Job: Currently studying finance at uni so no day job at the moment
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 3
First company investment on the app: If the app launched today i’d look to diversify across a few different EU ETFs, there aren’t any stocks that are really catching my attention at the moment.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @davidlowes and welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome @davidlowes! I think ETFs are the right way to go for the long term. Also less stressful to look at! Usual disclaimer - this is not investment advice…!

2 Likes

Day Job: Sales manager
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 3 :baby_chick:
First company investment on the app: All-World ETF

2 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile: Glad to have you in the community!

1 Like

Day Job: Computer Science Student
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 2.5
First company investment on the app: NIO (Tesla competitor), Amarin and a few ETFs

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing @cam, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never heard of NIO and Amarin. Why do you think they may stand out?

2 Likes

@HonestFIRE

NIO: Chinese Tesla competitor, 29x lower market cap, beat Q3 estimates for # of deliveries (by 35%!) and future projections have now been raised. Looking to expand internationally.

AMRN: Strong biotech stock, been passed on some good info. Their Vascepa drug looks like it will be a great success, 2019 projections look strong and they’re planning on doubling their sales team this year.

2 Likes

I’ve been following NIO a bit too over the past year. They’ve almost gone from 0 to 100 in the space of 1-2 years which is seriously impressive. The Chinese are loyal to Chinese companies and they certainly have the population to support them well into the future!

2 Likes

Agreed! The market is so big they don’t need to worry about competition from Tesla, there’s space for multiple players.

2 Likes

Day Job: I’m a Security Operations Analyst at Oracle
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 1, I was watching the stock market for a while now, but only started investing 3 weeks ago. I’m getting more interested in learning this craft every day, saving more to invest more.
First company investment on the app: Tesla for sure - the reason I started investing is seeing that Tesla is not valued enough (in my opinion). They are continuing to execute their plan year after year regardless of what media talks about them.

Nice to meet everyone here! So far looks like Evarvest Community is a welcoming place for all levels of investors. Let’s see where this takes us, can’t wait for the launch.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Rushtutis! Glad to hear we have another investor starting the journey :muscle: I do agree on you with Tesla, i’m interested to see where it goes. There’s no denying that Elon Musk is a wild one… but he keeps proving the haters wrong year after year!

2 Likes

Day Job: Workforce Management
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 2
First company investment on the app: If I had access Ericsson due to the 5G investments due to the Huawei ban.

Added something extra

Biggest investment regret: Take-Two. Got in at $9,64. Taking my investment out at $15 due to needing funds for unexpected house renovations. Would have remained in but never reinvested

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Ves! Glad to have you here.

That’s one hell of an investment regret too! I just had to check their current share price which currently stands at 120.25 :sob:

I understand you might not want to be involved in the community after i’ve reminded you of this! haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I need to be reminded from time to time. So I don’t make that mistake again with a stock I feel good about.
So yes, bring on the pain.

3 Likes

Welcome @HonestFIRE @cam @Rushtutis @Ves :wave:

@cam - I’m also keen on NIO, they’ve been impressing so far - a friend of mine has been living in Beijing and the Chinese government is bullish on reducing carbon emissions - so companies, investors and the nation more broadly are aligning on this too - a benefit to NIO’s future growth! AMRN sounds interesting - I’ll check them out!

@Rushtutis - the aim is to make investing more social, so it’s great to hear you think our community is a welcoming place for all levels of investors :ok_hand:

@Ves - ouch re Take-Two! But, house renovations are also adding capital value to that investment - silver lining maybe? :wink:

2 Likes

Day Job: Fullstack Java Developer (but I like NodeJs, Angular, DevOpsing, kinda like things done)
Experience level in trading (1-5 being a Guru): 1, I’m a complete newbie :slight_smile: Hoping that Evarvest will keep me up-to-date and I will get better over time.
First company investment on the app: Tesla and CD Project Red if possible. Loved Witcher series (also the books!), which I played at nights because work, family and stuff but I promised myself I’d finish this serie. And I did. And I’m so impressed with polish gaming sector that I think they need to raise and I want to be a part of that movement.

Nice to meet you guys here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @jedrzejf! Hopefully we’ll increase that trading experience level over the next few years together!

Great to see interest in Polish stocks too, i’m really interested to be able to invest on the WSE myself. I haven’t ventured into investments personally much outside of the US, UK and Australia just yet so looking forward to trying some new markets. :man_dancing:

1 Like