LVMH buying Tiffany's for $16.2 Billion 💍 💎

A rather big acquisition for one of the world’s largest fashion companies!

2 Likes

This deal reminds me of the TV show Succession, but instead of the media, it’s about building an empire of fashion and consumer goods. It’s an interesting development on the portfolio of Jewelry and Watches, I wonder why LVMH is interested in transforming their division of Jewelry and Watches, maybe because luxury watches have been trending and increasing in value for the past few years, with the likes of Richard Mille, Rolex, Jacob & Co, Omega, AP and Patek Philippe getting more demand every year.

2 Likes

Personally I’m a car and watch man so I know the watch market can be a nice investment. Car’s not so much :joy: unless you have the funds to be in the top bracket of rare offerings!

2 Likes

I’m a watch enthusiast and for me watches have value that can be measured in different ways, not only by the work they required to be made and the materials used but also the sentimental value.
There are a few watches that i have my eye on as sort of future goals, like the Rolex Submariner blue white gold and the Rolex Cosmograph Daytona oystersteel yellow gold. Although if I do win the jackpot :sweat_smile: I would definitely look into the Jacob & Co. Astronomia Sky Platinum. What about you @MitchKerr what are your dream watches or your desired watches?

2 Likes

I have a list far too long to note down! I’m going to be investing and saving for a long time to achieve my goals list… but the main ones are the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph CeraGold, a Black Rolex Daytona, a Patek Philippe Nautilus and any AP watch!

2 Likes