Top 10 Books on Investing

Happy Friday guys!

What’s an investment book you would recommend, particularly for beginners? :nerd_face:

‘The Little Book That Beats The Market’ by Joel Greenblatt is a good one. :ok_hand:

Joel Greenblatt is the Founder and Managing Partner at Gotham Capital, with average annualized returns of 40% for over 20 years - I think this could be a prize for our next quiz @MitchKerr :wink:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I would recommend ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’ from Robert T. Kiyosaki, the book explains a little about the mindset of being an investor, the way we should look at the financial system and achieving financial freedom.

Great book for beginners :smiley:

3 Likes

@AfonsoCasanova great book! I read this after I saw Robert Kiyosaki speak at a conference a few years a go. Mindset is so important when investing!

There’s another book I like called ‘Thinking Fast and Slow’, it’s about how we make decisions, either emotional/instinctive vs. logical/deliberate. The type of decision people make is important to understand when they’re investing.

1 Like

I love Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Exciting as a thriller.

2 Likes

I completely agree decision making is so important overall, the combination of emotional and rational decisions is one of the keys to success I believe. I have ‘Thinking Fast and Slow’ in my book list for a while now, im definitely gonna read it.

2 Likes

@Calypso I’ve just googled his books, I’ve heard of The Black Swan but haven’t read it, I’ll be added them to my list - thanks for the suggestion!

His book ‘Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets’ also sounds like a great read!

1 Like

@AfonsoCasanova reading “Rich Dad Poor Dad” in the mid-'00s was how everything related to economics and finances started in my case. It completely changed my mindset and motivated me to learn more… and ~15 years later I still keep learning every day.

3 Likes

@bartosz.w exactly we share the same connection to the book, it was like an “awakening event” it just triggered my curiosity to understand how would someone achieve financial freedom, because investing comes down to a lot of smart work but also so much mindset and motivation. It’s the motivation and emotional capital that keeps the knowledge flowing :smiley:

3 Likes

The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins.

2 Likes

@Oladimeji Welcome to the community! :wave:
And thanks for sharing, it sounds like a great book, I’ll add it to my reading list!

2 Likes

I am very surprised nobody didn’t mention “Little Book Of Common Sense Investing” by John. C. Bogle. One of the best books to understand investing rules for non-pro investors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Balticmustache Great suggestion and welcome to the community! :wave: @MitchKerr we’ll have to add these book suggestions as prizes for our investing quizzes!

1 Like

Definitely adding it to the prize list! Thanks for the suggestion @Balticmustache! And welcome to the community, great to have another experienced investor on board :blush:

1 Like

I really enjoyed reading this one “The richest man in Babylon”

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Deividas! I must say I’m quite intrigued to read that, being written in 1926 it’s certainly not your normal type of investment book :relaxed:

1 Like