Warsaw Stock Exchange - What do you think?

Calling all our Polish (and non-Polish) community members! :poland: We’re preparing for our expansion into Poland next year and would like to know more about your interest in your local stock market the WSE / GWP (in Polish) :wink:

Would you only invest in the WSE? Would you invest in the WSE and other markets? Or would you only invest in other markets?

I’d love your feedback and to hear your thoughts on why you would / wouldn’t invest in this market!

We’ll select one person at random who participates in the survey to send another investing book & some Evarvest swag to :sunglasses:

Thank you in advance! Your thoughts and feedback really help us understand what’s most important to you for when we enter this market :pray:

• I’m Polish / I live in Poland
  • I invest on the WSE (Warsaw Stock Exchange)
  • I would invest on the WSE through Evarvest’s app
  • I would invest on the WSE and other stock markets
  • I would only invest on other stock markets and not the WSE
  • I would only invest on the WSE

0 voters

1 Like

I’m personally excited to gain access to the WSE. It’s the largest stock exchange in the CEE region and does have some really interesting companies listed. :clap:

1 Like

I’m investing on WSE mainly for my retirement portfolio as it allows to reinvest the gains without paying any taxes, which makes a huge different in the long term.
However, I prefer investing on other, more developed, exchanges, mainly the US exchanges, as buying Polish stocks other than the blue chip stocks is quite risky. Also, the history and tradition of paying dividends is still very short so if you’re interested in dividend stock investing, the US markets are a better place to do it in my opinion.

2 Likes

Thanks @bartosz.w, this is really helpful to know! That’s a huge benefit being able to reinvest gains without paying any taxes - do you know by chance if that extends to foreign investors?

1 Like

@StephBrennan from what I found on the internet, since 2010 also non-residents can invest in IKE (you can try to google translate this article). However, you have to work and pay taxes in Poland to be eligible.
So I think it’s better to use a tax-efficient solution in your country, provided you have something similar and it allows you to invest also in Polish stocks.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, thanks @bartosz.w - greatly appreciated! :pray:

1 Like

The bull market is coming:

3 Likes

Thanks @Damian_Ka, I’m looking into the WSE more-so as I think there are some great opportunities to be made. It’s a stock exchange i’ve never had access to so looking forward to soon when we launch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Damian_Ka! Really interesting video, and I agree with your thoughts regarding the market and new pension law recently signed by the Polish president, which should see the Polish capital market increasing again from 2019 onwards.

For others that may be reading this, the government estimates that PLN 6 billion (approx. EUR 1.4 billion) will flow to the Warsaw Stock Exchange in 2019, PLN 12 billion (EUR 2.8 billion) in 2020 and PLN 15 billion (EUR 3.5 billion) per year from 2021 as a result of the introduction of the Employee Capital Plans (PCP) that Damian refers to in his video. This should have a positive effect both on company valuations and on the liquidity of the stock exchange. :poland::rocket:

2 Likes

@Damian_Ka & @bartosz.w we couldn’t pick just one of you for the reward here so we’re going to send you both something for helping us out!

If you’re able to private message me the best postage address or email me at mitch@evarvest.com I’ll have a package sent out to you both asap! :blush:

1 Like

That’s awesome, thanks! I’ve just sent you a private message with the address.

2 Likes

Hi Mitch, thanks for that. I will send you a private message.

2 Likes

Thanks again @Damian_Ka & @bartosz.w, greatly appreciated!

1 Like