'What's Going On' 11-7

Really liked this weeks newsletter. Touching on the Chinese market, it has sparked interest to dig deeper and read up on things.

4 Likes

Hey @Ves Glad to hear you liked our newsletter! We’re doing our best to make it as useful and interesting as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Ves, appreciate the feedback!

The Chinese market is definitely a pretty unique phenomenon, but there’s a little less visibility on the companies within it and it’s very prone to occasional and somewhat random booms and busts.

You might have seen its demise this week - I’ll cover it a little in this week’s newsletter but there’s so much other stuff going on right now which probably has broader and far reaching consequences for the state of the global economy in coming months / years.

It’s always a bit of a challenge to be able to cover everything so we generally try to keep it broad so that there’s something for everyone, but if you’ve seen anything out there in particular on any given week which you think could be interesting to learn more about, definitely shout about it to us and we’ll try to incorporate it into the newsletter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks will do.

I’m currently just observing and trying to get a better understanding.
Though I fear that is like playing roulette at the moment.

1 Like

To be honest I think your approach is a good way to start. The way I see it is, if you take your time and invest slowly while you’re young or in your 20s / 30s, you’ll be an investment pro by the time you’re in your 40s / 50s, when theoretically you should have more savings (and be more confident / comfortable investing that later on).

Playing the long game / taking this kind of decade-by-decade approach to investing is something I’ve seen work for so many people later in life, so there’s no rush at all - just important to build up an interest over time in my view, and it sounds like you’re doing exactly that in terms of taking in everything around you + learning from it / thinking about it - which is fantastic!

Baby steps are the best kind :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like